Monday, September 26, 2011

Things are sometimes meant to happen...

I wonder sometimes if God reassures us when we are in doubt.  Often times I wonder if what I'm doing is what is best for my boy, I fall into self doubt.  About breastfeeding on demand and cosleeping mostly.  Sometimes I see other moms with their babies who seem to be so calm and not attached to their boob every 45 minutes like mine is.  but I think its natural for all of us to feel this way from time to time after all what we want is what's best and sometimes we are aware that we aren't perfect so we doubt ourselves. Or when it gets a little tough, the grass always looks greener on the other side.

So I recently had one of these episodes where I doubted myself but just last night I had some reassurance.  I met someone on facebook who wanted to "friend me" because she said we were like-minded in our parenting styles and she hadn't been able to find many mommies like her on the island.  I was happy about that, but that wasn't it, so I accepted her request and was talking to her. When I saw her picture she didn't look familiar or anything but i was browsing through all her pictures and I came across one where was wearing a green ergo, and it stood out cause she said that she loved it the only thing she regretted was it being green, it was lime green, but very nice.  And she also bragged about having bought some teething necklaces online that her son loved!  So when I found the picture with the ergo i kept looking and it thought to myself if i find a picture of her wearing a teething necklace then I know it's definitely her!  Sure enough she was wearing a teething necklace on one of her pictures!  What a small world!  When i first go on the island like about a month and a half ago I went to this store called Baby Awearness, where they sell baby carriers and cloth diapers, and I remember having a conversation with the sales clerk and another customer.  Well she was the other customer!  She hasn't yet confirmed to me that it was her, I don't think she's online right now but I am 99% sure it was her.

Back to my original point, don't think I forgot but I take that as a confirmation that I am not the only one (even though it feels like it sometimes) and that what I am doing for my baby is what I know is best for him.

Update:  Yes it was her!!! Yay!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.